The electrosurgical revolution continues: Onemytis 2 launched in the UK
The next generation Onemytis 2 surgical device – based on innovative Airplasma® technology – is to be launched in the UK at the London Vet Show.
Onemytis allows vets to carry out surgical procedures with exceptionally high levels of precision at low temperatures. First launched in 2014, it is widely used in Europe particularly for ENT, ophthalmology, dermatology and for most of the oncological surgeries. The Onemytis 2 is even more compact, faster and more effective than its predecessor and has accessories for endoscopic and laparoscopic surgery.
What is Airplasma®?
Airplasma® works by gas (in this case, air) ionisation. Air is passed through a strong electromagnetic field at high voltage, releasing energy (plasma) which can vaporise tissue at low temperatures. This allows vets to operate more quickly, with more control – sometimes without sedation – and to cause less pain, tissue damage with minimal blood loss.
Recent publications have shown that using Airplasma® also:
· Causes direct or indirect apoptosis of cancer cells
· Stimulates the production of FGF 2 resulting in better and faster tissue healing
· Increases the activity of some components of immune system cells
Hear about Airplasma® in practice
Veterinary surgeon, Dr Simone Monti, will compare tissue damage caused by different types of electrosurgical instruments and show how Airplasma® is being used in surgery and endoscopy. Based in Italy, Dr Monti works in open and laparoscopic surgery and is a lecturer and instructor on several national and international courses.
Talk: Dr Simone Monti, Airplasma®: a new opportunity
12.45 to 13.45 Thursday 15 November, Exhibitor Showcase Theatre 2
Excel Lasers Ltd is the UK’s sole distributor of Onemytis. We also supply and service a wide range of lasers and accessories for veterinary practices throughout the UK. Come and talk to us on Stand C49.
- Are you considering building-new or expanding your existing veterinary practice? If you are, make sure you schedule one of our sessions in to your LVS calendar!
- At the Animal Health Trust (AHT) we are the leading veterinary and scientific research charity dedicated to the health and welfare of dogs, cats and horses.